- Coordinate the KidSafe Collaborative Council, a partnership of agencies and community leaders working together to improve systems and strengthen supports for children and families.
- The KS Council has focused on improvements to VT’s child welfare system, including the implementation of Centralized Intake, Differential Response, and provisions of the Juvenile Proceedings Act and Act 1. We’ve worked with the Family Court to coordinate supervised parent-child contact services and guidelines for children in out-of-home placement.
- Convene the Community Advisory Board to the Family Services Division of DCF (Burlington office), to improve policy and practice via input and action by consumers and community members.
- Co-facilitate the Children Exposed to Domestic Violence committee with the Chittenden Co. Domestic and Sexual Violence Task Force (CCDSVTF). We have been focusing on obtaining survey data on exposure to childhood domestic violence, on programs supporting the positive role of fathers, and on planning supervised visitation services in Chittenden Co.
- Co-organize and convene an annual Legislative Forum with the CCDSVTF, focusing on issues of child maltreatment and domestic violence.
- Recognize outstanding service providers supporting children’s safety at our annual Awards Luncheon.
- Conduct Child Abuse and Neglect Mandatory Reporting training with DCF, using KidSafe’s Protecting Vermont’s Children materials for schools, human service agencies, medical professionals and community members. We are creating an on-line training module to replace these materials, in collaboration with DCF.
- Actively participate on community collaborations affecting children and families:
- Vermont Child Protection Advisory Board
- Statewide Sexual Violence Prevention Task Force
- Chittenden Co. Vermont Agency of Human Services Leadership Team
- ACCESS team, Improving children’s access to mental health services
- Chittenden Co. Domestic and Sexual Violence Task Force
- Vermont Kin As Parents Advisory Board
- Provide and disseminate regular information and updates to partner agencies and organizations regarding issues concerning child safety and well-being.